COVID-19 National Lockdown – Stay at Home
The Yacht Harbour Association Marina Industry Guidance (England) 5th January 2021
Coronavirus cases are rising rapidly across the country and therefore the Prime Minister has told the English population that new lockdown rules have been put in place with immediate effect. He confirmed that:
‘The single most important action we can all take is to stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives’.
You must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary. You may leave the home to:
• • shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
• • go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
• • exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
• • meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
• • seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
• • attend education or childcare – for those eligible
TYHA advise marinas to do all they can to support the Governments lockdown rules by not encouraging berth holders to visit or use their boats or encouraging the general public to use marina sites for recreation or leisure.
During this lockdown TYHA’s interpretation of Government guidance is as follows:
• • COVID-19 secure protocols must be in place and managed for all staffed marina sites
• • People can leave home for work purposes where it is unreasonable for them to do their job from home; therefore, marina staff performing roles that cannot be conducted from home may go to their place of work (the marina)
• • Access control systems may remain operational to allow people to access the marina site if they have a ‘reasonable excuse’ as specified in the Government rules for England
• • Marinas can continue to provide and operate business services including (but not limited to) safeguarding customers boats, maintaining marina infrastructure, boatyard operations, boat servicing and supporting tenants
• • Chandleries can operate to supply the marine trade and provide a delivery service to customers
• • On site catering should close unless providing food and non-alcoholic drinks for takeaway (until 11pm)
• • No overnight stays are allowed on boats except for residential berth holders (where the boat is their Primary Residence)
• • Toilets and showers can remain open for site users (with COVID-19 cleaning protocols
– Secure sheltered marina
– Superb value
– First class facilities
– Waterfront cafes, restaurants & shops
Falmouth is one of England’s most attractive places to enjoy the water, and Falmouth Haven is at its very heart. Choose from a marina berth, visitor’s mooring or one of our Premium Moorings a stone’s throw from many celebrated pubs, restaurants and shops, and benefit from our wealth of local and maritime knowledge to help you make the most of your time here.
Falmouth Haven has the most accessible public slipway in the area, with a convenient boat park alongside. The slipway is large, modern, and consistently well maintained for the launch and recovery of boats on trailers, and it has a pontoon alongside for your convenience.
Falmouth haven is one of the South coast’s premier leisure boating facilities.
We offer deep water moorings and marina options in one of the finest natural harbours in the world, with great facilities for visitors, easy and direct access to the water from our well maintained and serviced public slipway. Being situated in a spectacular setting in the heart of Falmouth with its restaurants, bars and shopping – it is only moments from world-class sailing waters. Whether you are an experienced yachts person or water-sports beginner, our aim is to provide a safe, easy and enjoyable facilities for everyone who wants to enjoy the best of boating.
A safe haven in Falmouth
Andy Orr - Plymouth
Designed to improve the small boat facilities for our customers; this facility provides 39 berths for vessels up to 6m in length.
Get on board with our Havencard and it’s fantastic range of discretionary discounts with a selection of local….